What is SCOPH
SCOPH (Standing committee on Public health) is one of the six standing committees of Medical Students Association of Rwanda (MEDSAR) and also one of the standing committees of IFMSA (International Federation of Medical Students Associations). SCOPH brings together medical students from all over the world to learn, build skills, cooperate, explore and share ideas when it comes to addressing all issues related to public health, including global health issues, health policies, health promotion and education activities.
The Standing Committee on Public Health promotes the development of medical students worldwide regarding Public Health issues through an international sharing knowledge network, projects management, community based learning, capacity building, advocacy and access to external learning opportunities.
The Standing Committee of Public Health aims to become a reference as a training and learning pillars for medical students, in order to create future Public Health qualified leaders who are equipped with the knowledge, skills and values to work on a local and an international level.
- WORLD DIABATES DAY CAMPAIGN ( FROM NOVEMBER TO DECEMBER)
- WORLD SIGHT DAY( NOVEMBER 2017)
- WORLD CANCER DAY CAMPAIGN( FEBRUARY 2018)
- WORLD MALARIA DAY CAMPAIGN( MARCH 2018)
- WORLD TUBERCULOSIS DAY CAMPAIGN( MARCH 2018)
- SCOPH INSPIRATIONAL TALK( MARCH 2018)
- WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY( MAY 2018)
- WEEKLY SCOPH TALKS ON OFFICIAL SCOPH WHATSAP PLATFORM( FROM JANUARY TO JULY)
- BLOOD DONATIONS CAMPAIGN( JUNE 2018)
- FIRST AID TRAINING ( JUNE 2018)
- EMPOWERMENT FOR ELDERS(MAY 2018)
- DIFFERENT CAPACITY BUILDING TRAININGS( AROUND 25)
- COMMUNITY HEALTH CAMP(COMING SOON)